Assam State Archives Library collects and preserves very rare and old documents of administrative and historic importance and keeps in its Archival library and which are out of print now .These documents are mostly Govt. publications and reports from time to time.
The Assam State archives is the biggest archives in the N-E India. The scholars have greater attention and impression for its valuable holdings and perfect management.As such,the Assam state archives represent as a biggest primary data centre for several organization,offices and individuals in the North-Eastern part of the country and abroad and greatly facilitates in day to day administration of the govt too.
- Assam Commissioner files (1833-1907)
- Special Branch (Police) files (1935-1945)
- Rare library books
- Administration Report
- Political map of Assam and adjoining countries
- Different forest maps of Assam
- Revenue maps
- Geological maps
- Different circle maps of Assam and Eastern Bengal covering the period of 1853 to 1948.